Monday, August 1, 2016

Happy Monday

Kyle and I decided to chill at the condo today since Chris and Jackson wanted to do some serious mountain biking along the Wasatch Crest Trail, and we were less than thrilled at the prospect.  I dropped the biker brigade off at White Pine Tours around 8:30 am after making the crew pancakes.  Kyle and I did a couple of insignificant errands and walked around the outdoor outlet shops a couple of blocks away.  We came back to the condo around 11 am and I plopped on the leather recliner with a Smithsonian magazine while Kyle watched a video for a while.  Although the temps reached 90 today and I told you we don't have air conditioning, I had a blanket over me.  "But it's a dry heat..." rang true.
Chris called for a pick up around 1:30 pm.  He sounded tired and defeated, and when I picked him up, I understood why.  He looked like he took a mud bath from head to toe.  The man refuses to give in to middle age.  He recounted a (funny because he's fine) story about "endo-ing" not once, but twice.  An "endo" is when you flip head first with your mountain bike and do a somersault.  Usually it happens when you have to brake hard, and basically you flip completely over.  I've seen both of them do this before, and it's terrifying to watch.
So, besides the golf ball-sized lump on his shoulder and the need for a long shower, he was fine.  The bike didn't fare as well, and he bent the rim.  Luckily, we were out only $75 for repairs.  Glad the wife made that "bobo breakfast" the other day... :)
We'll give the boys some time to themselves for a couple of hours while Chris and I go out for a nice dinner at Chimayo.  We've always wanted to try it, and a friend gave us a $50 gift card.  That should buy one of the dinners (maybe). I'll be cooking the rest of the week.  It's the principle...
The crestline
Desolation Lake
The expert bikers.  Seriously.
After dropping them off, I noticed some "progress" by the public library.  Chris thinks this will be a transit center for buses.  Everyone uses the public transportation, since it's free.
My favorite ski area in Park City--Canyons...even prettier in the summer.
As I took this picture, I thought of Rio and hope all goes well for them.
A little walk behind our place
Glad we bought the condo long ago.  Average home price is now $890,000.  No joke.  Here's one I may buy if I win the lottery...also behind our place along the path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment