Monday, May 29, 2017

2017: Our biggest adventure yet! Two weeks 'til departure

Many years back, Chris and I came to the realization that we have been together "a long time."  This November marks thirty years of "us," with 25 of those years as a married couple.  To me, this has been a tremendous accomplishment.  I got married in 1992 hoping to stay together forever.  We have made a beautiful life together in our hometown.  Not perfect. Yet beautiful.  I don't know many people who have the privilege of saying that.
The best thing we ever did in those three decades was deciding to have our son, Jackson.  Although many couples would relish the chance to "get away" for their anniversary, we don't share that sentiment.  Chris and I will have plenty of time together (and alone) way too soon.  Honestly, we couldn't imagine enjoying this action-packed and scenic adventure WITHOUT him.  Jackson, get ready for the trip of a lifetime.  We've been saving up and researching it all. Chris and I have built in relaxation time here and there.  But if you know us, we don't usually play that way. Hawaii...here we come.  Two weeks from today.  Woo hoo!  I cannot wait.
Mauna Lani Resort.  Yes, we are staying here four nights.
I can't believe it.
Click here for a cool video of the Mauna Lani Resort on the Big Island


1 comment: